Monday, July 8, 2013

Beets, Chocolate, Bread and Dill, Bread and Dill...

Every now and then, Julie and I go on cooking benders. They can last a morning, an evening, an entire day or, in severe cases, several days in a row. After a solid week away from home, today was prime time for a good one.

So far today we've made:

Chocolate Zucchini Cake

Fruit Salad

Pork and Veggie Stir Fry

Pickled Beets

Dilly Cucumber Salad

Cumin and Tandoori Spiced Garbanzo Bean Salad

2 Loaves of Sourdough Bread
(I let them rise outside instead of in my proofer box, since the conditions outside seemed PERFECT- 85 degrees and humid-- and I can't wait to see how they taste. If appearance is any indicator, they're gonna be good!!)

Honey Teriyaki Grilled Chicken Thighs



We're thinking we'll pack a bunch of it up and head down to the Waterfront Green tonight for a picnic and magic show. Hopefully this also means that it will be several days before we have to do a lot of significant "What's For Dinner??" cooking and planning.



1 comment:

  1. I was going to say, "Why didn't you go on this bender BEFORE you came to the cabin?" but then I saw the bit about the magic show tonight, and since I'll be there too, I'm confident I can convince you to let me sample.

    ReplyDelete