But then, running from the house to the car, M got stung by a bee (or, I think, a wasp). Not once. Not twice. But 3 times. Possibly 4. She was a trooper about it. Didn't cry (though she yelled a lot) and even stopped to pet the neighbor's dog. Curled up on the couch with ice on her inner thigh. Bedtime went quickly out the window. Our plans for dinner nearly went with it, though I managed to throw together Thai Basil and Chicken with Rice while Julie ran household interference. The time I was going to use to watch MasterChef got replaced with The Wizard of Oz and, as usual, no matter how tired she was, M would not let go and give in to sleep. Over 2 hours later I finally scooped her into my lap and settled onto the couch under her and rocked her until she couldn't hold on any longer. Got her into bed, had a little dessert, sat down to write my intended post (and maybe this week's Pasta Night post, since it seems pathetic that I can't even keep something going two weeks in a row), and realized that my ability to string together coherent sentences is essentially non existent. Might as well obliterate it with a glass of wine and some sleep...
![]() |
| Snuggling with Mama after being assaulted by a bee |

No comments:
Post a Comment